“My goal is to help clients take what we practice in therapy and habitually apply it to their daily lives and interactions. I want to enable them to grow stronger, steering clear of past tendencies to inhabit a calmer, less chaotic version of themselves.”
Leading With Her Heart
Integrating the theory, skills, and knowledge obtained through years of experience Hilla maintains an intuitive process that goes beyond typical talk therapy. She includes modalities such as expressive arts therapy, meditation, movement, music and journaling to help clients connect with their deeper, previously inaccessible, emotions.
She provides a well-thought-out treatment plan, while remaining open to a variety of useful therapeutic techniques to help bring about successful client outcomes.
Hilla holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a Master of Social Work (MSW) from The University of Maryland. She spent most of her career in Maryland and moved to Toronto in 2014. She is a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers, the Ontario Association of Social Workers, Canadian Group Psychotherapy Association and Mindfulness Toronto.
She has written on the psychotherapeutic practice for publications including Voices and the Journal of the American Academy of Psychotherapists.
Education and Certificates
- Ontario Registered Social Worker (December, 2013)
- Maryland Board Registered and Approved Supervisor (June, 2004)
- Certificate Program in Child and Adolescent Treatment (May, 2003)
- L.C.S.W-C. Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore, Maryland (January, 2002)
- L.G.S.W. Licensed Graduate Social Worker, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore, Maryland (January, 2002)
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Specialization: Clinical Aging, University of Maryland: School of Social Work (July, 1995)
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology (BSA), University of Maryland (1990)
- Certificate of Teaching, Department of Education, Tel-Aviv, Israel (1981)
- American Academy of Psychotherapists (2004-present)
- Ontario Association of Social Workers (2014-present)
- Canadian Association of Group Therapy (2016-present)
“I enjoy seeing people exceed their own limitations and apply the empowerment and self-awareness that resides within and are needed to heal and thrive.”